Freak the Mighty: Constructed Response
Use I.C.E. (introduce, cite, explain) to answer TWO of the following questions. Be sure to use specific quotes or details from the text. Each question is worth two points: one for the completely and correctly answering the question and one for the detail or quote.
1. The Knights of the Round Table were the heroes of Arthurian legend, saving those who could not defend themselves. Who is the hero in this book?
2. When do you think Max shows the most courage in the book? When does Kevin?
3. One theme of the story could be that friendship can overcome adversity. Explain this.
4. Which minor character has the greatest impact on the main characters (Max and Kevin)? How?
5. Max’s relationship with Gram and Grim changes over time. How does it change?