1. Storyboard work day (there are colored pencils in the glass cabinet)
HOMEWORK: Storyboards are due FRIDAY. Students will not have enough time in class to finish, so they should be working on these at home.
1. Read “The Lottery” — since the story is 8 pages long, it will take a while to copy... you may want to get the copies made on Monday during plan time so that you don't run into copy machine wars Tuesday morning. :-)
2. If you finish early, you can begin the constructed response questions.
1. Finish reading “The Lottery” if necessary
2. Work on the constructed response questions. **These will be taken as a QUIZ grade. This is part of the district-wide assessment material (like the writing prompt).
HOMEWORK: Finish "The Lottery" questions if not completed in class. Remember to be working on your storyboards.
1. Go over “The Lottery” questions together
2. Storyboard work day
**Storyboards & finalized writing prompts due.
1. DLR: Punctuation review (dash, hyphen, parenthesis — page 2)
2. Tears of a Tiger and Forged by Fire anticipation guides
3. Philosophical chairs debate