Raisin: Act 1 Scene 2 Questions
A RAISIN IN THE SUN: Act 1, Scene 2 Questions
1. Why does Beneatha feel that Asagai will not care about the apartment being in disarray?
2. Who is Asagai?
3. What news does Ruth tell Beneatha and mama after returning home? How do Beneatha and mama react to the news initially?
4. What does Asagai bring to Beneatha? What is significant about it?
5. What does Mama say she would do with the money if it wasn’t for her children?
6. How does Walter feel about the future?
7. Why does Mama call Walter a disgrace to his father’s memory?
Act 1 Scene 2 Focus Question:
Describe how the arrival of the check does not create happiness for Ruth, Walter, and Mama.
Answer Plan (7 Sentence Minimum)
1. Restate the question in your own words.
2. Write 1-2 sentences about what is upsetting Ruth.
3. Write 1-2 sentences about why Walter feels discouraged.
4. Write 1-2 sentences about why Mama feels sad.
5. Conclude with a sentence or two predicting what you think will happen between these three characters.